So I'm sat on the sofa as I've said, ready to blog, turn the t.v on and GASP!!! The Great British Bake Off is on...uuhh!!! no adverts on t.v, no one has mentioned it...oh ekk, I love this programme, thank goodness for BBC IPlayer I say, I'll watch it tomorrow night as it had already been on for 45mins, I love Mary Berry, I find her recipes easy and yummy, she's just great and I do like Mel & Sue, I think they annoyed Cuckoo on the last series, well I think it was Cuckoo, I find them really amusing,
Granny Blanket is coming on...
Cuckoo kindly assisted with these photo's, well actually I can't take any credit, she took them all, she does take a good photo, here's some more
I would really love to crochet some coasters for my new (if that ever happens...) living room, has anyone got a any nice patterns or suggestions, I was advised to use cotton yarn rather than my usual acrylic yarn and also to starch them but I'm just not sure as I'm still a beginner, so any suggestions would be appreciated.
I was well chewy this weekend when I mentioned my crochet to some friends and their husbands at a BBQ, they basically completely took the mick out of me and called me an old granny, I felt so defensive, in fact I could have punched my friends husband who is a complete hob nob....gggrrr, it made me so angry, I really love it that I've found something I really enjoy, I've tried a drawing & painting course with my mum, who I have to say is very talented and I'm certainly NOT good at anything arty, Cuckoo even helped me with my Art coursework, I think she drew a mouse or rabbit....I'm sure she'll remind me.
Anyway, so to have eventually at 35yrs old find something I feel very passionate about, feels slightly relieving really, that I found a hobby I enjoy and can do!!
The last few weeks has all been about keeping calm and carrying on, as they say, it's been a bit stressful trying to keep my little ones happy and on the go, I know I shouldn't say this but I'm looking forward to school term starting, it's hard work as Darr has had hardly any time off so it's all been down to me with the entertainment, although we did have a family day down at Chesil Beach near Abbotsbury on Sunday, we all had a go at fishing and caught 7 mackrel, great fun and the children loved it, if they are happy, we are happy.
It was great to see my gorgeous angel Cuckoo and the boys this week, just what I needed, we had lots of fun and I especially enjoyed cuddles with mini cuckoo, although I did make him cry at one point!!! precious time with my family, just lovely.
Off for more gorgeous crochet now, enjoy the rest of your week girlies, much love Bee x x x x

That sounds awful at the BBQ- you poor thing!! I know exactly what you mean but- I am so happy I have discovered crochet, and I feel so strongly about it (sounds weird I know) and yes I get called a nana all the time too!
ReplyDeleteLove the squares you've done, and good luck with the walking. Maybe if you take a camera with you on the power walks you might be more motivated? Then u could blog about your walks as well as a way to keep going with them. Anyway good luck with it all
xx
hi, totally agree with above i walk/run and find it great for stress or had a bad day gets you out to clear the head, and on the people laughing at you stuff them i get that to just give as good as you get your doing so well much better then my squares are going but i enjoy so not worried xx
ReplyDeleteIt seems the world around that we get laughed at for crocheting, but I have decided not to give a toss, I take mine to my job at the dance school where I do reception work and I am amazed at the young kids (13-17 yr olds) who love what I do!!
ReplyDeletex Sandi
Which idiots are mocking your crochet habit? Grrrr, just because they have no creative outlets I suspect. Your granny squares are looking fab, keep it up lovely!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had some lovely Cuckoo time, seeing friends always helps with the low times doesn't it. Hope the power walking helps with the serotonin too. Big love darling xxx
laughing you say? send cuckoo round...feel sure she'd sort them out!
ReplyDeleteI too take a list to the doctors - only go if there's about three things on there - making my visit worthwhile.
I've heard that exercise can make a big difference to mood - it has a real chemical effect. Must remember that when I tell myself I miss the prozac!
Nice to hear from you - hope the sunshines to make our next few weeks easier!
fee x
oooh, meant to say fab work on the squares! will be doing my ta daa next post but fed up with my blog this week!
ReplyDeleteHello lovely, sorry to hear you're feeling a bit down in the dumps. I know what they mean when they say that exercise cheers you up but I can also recommend a good boxset to watch on the telly with a huge mug of tea/glass of wine and a choice of nibbles whilst you crochet to your heart's content! Don't you think that the LAST thing you feel like doing when you feel low is to go out? I do but I do force myself to walk the dog and that helps.
ReplyDeleteYour crochet is fabulous! You've grasped it really quickly, well done.
I've 'met' some truly great (and cool) people through blogging who crochet, bake, sew and generally homemake and I get really annoyed when people laugh at me. I feel exactly the same as you, very defensive. I don't see what's wrong with it.... most of the people who mock me doing nothing but sit on their pretty bums watching TV all night, which I remind them of! Rise above it!
Sorry for the long post but it's been a while since I spouted off on your blog!
Love love
Nicki xx
Hear hear everyone. Bee, don't you worry about these people. Jealousy is a horrible trait. Also people don't often appreciate that "old fashioned" crafts are now cool again.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your gorgeous posts on my blog, bless you re the ironing. I shall let you into a secret. I NEVER EVER EVER EVER iron. A thing.
The husband does his own shirts and the rest of us make do with smoothing our hands down our clothes in a coy, coquettish way every morning.
Hope you are well darling. I am fed up - I currently have three loads of washing on the line, all dripping with brown rain water (it all poured off the roof onto the line....grrrrrrr)
Love love love
x x x
Ah you know I really enjoy a good walk but I start off thinking it will be a power walk and it ends up being a meandering stroll. Every time. Wish I had someone nearby who wanted to do some exercise too since I do think you stick with it more with some moral support!
ReplyDeleteIt does make you feel good though, fresh air is fab...
Nelly xxx
you ok? been a while!
ReplyDeletefee
(I fancy the handsome young man on Great British bake off. FYI)