| Cuckoo's birthday pressie & my crochet.... |
I spent yesterday evening with my mum, who is amazing at crochet/sewing/knitting/crafty stuff etc, I last tried crochet in the autumn at the seaside house in Salcombe with cockoo and just haven't had the patience or time since so I really surprised myself at how well I remembered and how much neater it was compared to my last attempt, it's just rows of dc and tc so i get the hang of it and when I'm confident enough I'll have a go at making something simple (I would be grateful for any suggestions). I feel myself getting completely absorbed when I'm doing crocheting, very relaxing and completely switch off, this is an exciting project and my mum made me a wonderful bag as a Christmas gift to store all my crochet work/wool/hooks etc. One thing I find really frustrating about my little house is there is no space to keep my sewing machine and crafty bits 'n' bobs, at the moments it's kept in my wardrobe and because it's just stored away I never really use it,so in my living room (behind my sofas) is a play area for the children, well somewhere I store their toys and I think it's about time I had some room back, so I'm going to move all their toys into their rooms and purchase a table with drawers in and a pretty chair, nothing expensive, I might have a look on the Ikea website, that way I know I'll use my sewing machine more, I feel quite excited about doing that too.
Right, better get the dinner on as it's work tonight, I work two evenings a week at Waitrose, as well as housekeeping approx 8hrs a week and some ironing here and there....it all helps.
xx
Hello Bee - welcome to blogland! I came across your blog via Cuckoo (one of my blogging gurus). I started blogging and crocheting in February and I have to warn you: it will TAKE OVER YOUR LIFE! Crochet's the new rock n roll (at least that's what I tell myself, anyway!)
ReplyDeleteEmily x
well done that looks brilliant sooo not fair ,the lady teaching me is getting me to do a square which starts off looking like a circle as i am doing the corners doing trebles ??? i guess one day this will make sense will post pic after second meeting monday night x and yes agree very relaxing totally go into a quiet calm little world xx
ReplyDeleteFound you via Cuckoo's lovely blog and rushing through as it's father's day and I've got to organise the kiddies into action (!), but just had to stop to say welcome to blogging, and crochet certainly will take over your life. I love that book - I have it from the library at the moment, and completed the purse project in it (posted about it this week). I'll follow you and look forward to a new blogger. x
ReplyDeletehey - also found you via cuckoo (instant friends - how cool is that?!)
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoy your blog - look forward to a little nosey around..
fee x
hope you enjoy your blog!
ps nice banner!
ReplyDeleteI found you via cuckoo too, I did giggle a lot when I read this post, you called cuckoo, cockoo and she signed herself as cackoo when she sent me something. Yeh I have a bit of a daft sense of humour.
ReplyDeleteHope you get a lot of enjoyment from blogging and reading the comments.
x sandi
Hi!
ReplyDeleteI've come from Cuckoo too! Nice to 'meet' you..!
I'm relatively new to blogging too... it is rather addictive I have to say!
Ashley x