Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Meditation time.......

I started this blog on Sunday and have been so damn busy and no 'me' time that I haven't had chance to finish it til now, on Saturday night I was practising my crochet (and had a glass of red too)while Darr cooked dinner!!! I know, don't all gasp at once, he cooked Red Thai Curry and it was delicious, I then cosyed up on the sofa with a nice cuppa while watching Camelot, I love anything like that especially now The Tudors has finished.  Darr had a lovely lie in on Sunday but two little people wanted to give their home-made cards to daddy so he was bounced on around 8.45am (which wasn't a bad lie in).  We then headed off to the new John Lewis in Poole as I wanted to try and find some curtains for our living room, I fell in love with all of them and eventually chose a gorgeous flowery pair, thankfully as I'm a J.L partner I get a 25% discount.

In the evening we ate scrummy roast beef after which I practised more crochet, it's looking much neater, just need to try my first project, my mum is over on friday night so I am hoping to attempt something with her help.

I've had a couple of moments this week where I have felt overwhelmed by the stupidest of things, like - to much house work, ironing, gardening, work, children drop off's and collect etc etc (you get my drift) and while I was cooking dinner I was listening to Radio 2, as I always do, and they had this guy on talking about meditation, well I looked up his website (www.getsomeheadspace.com) i'm trying out his programme and only a few days in I already feel like I can relax and breathe through those moments when I feel I'm loosing control, even if it's just physiological I don't care, whatever works I say.

I need to keep this short as I'm desperate to keep practising my crochet. Below are a few photo's of my family for you to see.

This is Darr taking a photo of himself, he was on route to join us in Devon, 95miles...mad man!!!

Little ones enjoying an ice-lolly at Paignton Zoo

Me and little ones enjoying a walk around Stour Head, Wiltshire.

Enjoying the Steam Train in Devon

Sorry if the photo's are a bit blurred and I also haven't worked out how to add a caption under the photos, it'll do for now.  Right, off to crochet I go...
xx

7 comments:

  1. Hooray! Another post from Bee!!! Love the photos of the little ones, I remember when Big Boy was born (me, KMMM and Cuckoo were on that crazy weekend in Cornwall when your news came through.)
    And look at your beautiful little girl. You are blessed and they look like they get on well together.
    Lush that Darr cooked a Red Thai curry. One of Matt's best dishes is his Green Thai curry which he hasn't done in a while, must remind him!
    So glad you are on Blogger now.
    And if it makes you feel any better, I think we ALL get overwhelmed. I know I do.
    Some days it's all too much, other days I feel I can take on the world.
    I don't iron, it's something I have no time AT ALL to do so well done you. I do however do all my own washing and house cleaning and we don't have a dishwasher and I have no help with the kids (no family around) so I feel I get very little time. My "me" time in a little blog entry each day.
    Am about to try to add photos for the final time and settle down to write a news story (have this new writing job now!)Take care beauty
    Must check out that website. And, relaaaaaaaax!
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naughty blogger didn't tell me you'd written a post!!! Nor has it updated my sidebar to say you have, Bloody blogger!! Although I had better check it's not a cock up on my part!!!

    You lucky duck having supper cooked for you, I cannot remember the last time Mr C cooked. It was probably dippy eggs when I was ill with mastitis after Little was born. He does get the boys breakfast most days which is often scrambled eggs, shouldn't moan, and we have a weekly takeaway which is just as good as the kitchen stays clean. Just read that back...God I'm a spoilt bugger....

    Remember when Darr cycled all the way from yours to ours? You thought you'd over take him but he was here 20 minutes before you. He is a machine (in my head I'm doing "A MARINE" from Grease. Which in turn has reminded me of our Exeter weekend which leads me on to telling you I have booked out The Seaside House for our weekend. Hurrah!!!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps Of course I'll candlise your cups. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to a big hello and welcome to Blogland ;-)) I have popped over from your lovely friend "tales from Cuckoo land" . It is a lovely community and full of lovely caring inspiring ladies. I will pop back again soon. take care and enjoy the rest of your week. Radio 2 is never off in my house it is the best ;-)) dee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always have radio 4 on and now feel old!
    feel overwhelmed most days - but then I'm a bit of a schizo so it might only last half an hour - then back to chipper and loving life! (keeps OH on his toes!)
    fee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes there are days when everything just feels like its caving in on you , will check out that website and cant beat a bit of radio 2 i used to always listen to chris evans drive time now i hop depends what music mood im in kiss,radio 2 or 6 and 4 for womens hour which annoys me sometimes ,perhaps i better check that website out for that ,glad crochet is going well mine is now a square and can do corners yay x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love listening to the radio when I'm in the kitchen but five live is my fave. I was baking cakes one rainy Friday lunchtime a couple of weeks ago and they had the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra playing movie music. I felt very chilled and grown up!

    I will have a look at that website. I have a busy mind, too, and worry about the most ridiculous of things. I always feel as though everyone except me is in control of their lives (sometimes blogger doesn't help because everyone is so amazingly talented, with tidy houses and blah blah blah!).

    What crochet project are you going to start? I can def recommend granny squares for a blanket (or cushion) to get you into the swing of it. Looks like you have a natural talent if your first attempt in the previous post is anything to go by!

    Anyway, sorry for waffling on. I can't write short comments. Nice to meet you, pop over to my blog sometime - www.the-home-bird.blogspot.com if you get a free minute. I love your friend Cuckoo's blog and that's how I found you.

    Nicki xx

    ReplyDelete