My Granny Blanket is coming along, so so many more square to do but this is how it looks so far
| 4wks work.... |
| one of my favorite squares |
| my little stack |
I felt I needed to stay really as although I wasn't earning huge amounts from Waitrose there are the pros of staff discounts etc plus I am desperately saving for a new living room. We've already decorated and our new sofa's arrive in Sept, I've chosen some gorgeous solid oak furniture but I need to save my pennies but hope to be able to have it all done before the end of October, one major pain a few weeks ago put a spanner in the works. Darr took the radiator off the wall so we could decorate and when he put it back on he didn't turn the top screw tight enough and flooded the carpet with rusty water....GREAT!! and it's not the first time he's done this but oh well....I've never ever claimed on my house insurance but decided to give them a call and to cut a long story short I also now have a new carpet arriving.
Had a great day out today with the children and my neighbour and her little girl, we did a bit of shopping, I know...mad with 3 children but they were fairly well behaved and then we went to a new park which they absolutely loved, however little lad ended up having a sand fight with another boy, lots of tears and bla bla bla, what is it with boys, little lady seems like a saint compared to her brother these days, he's got an answer for everything, but but but, no not doing that, your not my friend anymore ARGHHHHHH, honestly once he is in bed I just find I collapse on the sofa, I'm hoping it's because he really really needs to start school and I'm sure it's just another one of the phases, do those phases ever pass? if he's anything like his dad..NO!!!
I'm off to catch up on other blogs now, be back soon luv Bee x x
your squares look great, also i gave you an award over at my blog
ReplyDeletethey are amazing your doing bloody brilliant well done, i havent had much time to do much trying to do more now thou xx
ReplyDeleteOh my god this is soooo brilliant Bee. How jealous am I? Are you finding it easy? I have NO idea who to do these. I can only do granny square by crocheting til it is a square shape but no idea how you do all the colour shapes. I can add colour but don't understand crocheting in rounds.
ReplyDeleteI have too much on, two many jobs (like you!!!) and too much to do with the kids but one day, I will find time to go on You Tube to learn more!
Much love
Gem x x
WHO? I meant HOW!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt is nearly midnight and I type waaay too fast.
x x
The blanket is coming along, I love the colours, it will look lovely once finished xxx
ReplyDeleteI tried replying to the comment that you left on my blog, but your a no reply blogger so I can't send you an e-mail.. Just thought I would let you know.. x
ReplyDeleteI'll have to reply here instead. Cuckoo's comment really did make me laugh, even funnier that you heard! Oh my! If you could hear his comment then I dread to think what other things you could hear! haha
Well done on the granny squares! They look so lovely and neat. It's a lovely project to have on the go, so you can do a square here and there when you get a moments. I love the colours that you've chosen to use. very pretty. :-)
I hope everything works out for you with work. I admire all you mum's that are working mums. I know load of mum's have to do it or want to do it. But I'm not working at the moment and I find it hard enough to cope with Rose and keep up with every going on in the house, plus manage to go out and do other things. I'm just so bloody unorganised..! I have to write lists every hour and then I STILL forget things... I'm young! I should have a brilliant memory! I got a spot of 'baby-brain' when I was pregnant with Rose and my brain seems to not have gone back to normal!
Sorry about your carpet.... :S
I bet Darr was kicking himself.. and you trying not to kick Darr! haha Atleast you've got a lovely new carpet now...
Ashley xxx
Looking good my girl! Well done. I've really stared at the pictures and I can't see that bumpy bit you are unhappy with. So I think you have cracked it.
ReplyDeleteHave you fixed your no reply blogger thing? A few posts ago over at mine I linked to a blog that tells you how to fix it.
xxx
Ooh lovely granny squares! Good work Bee! Glad you've found a compromise on your working arrangements. See you soon I hope! xx
ReplyDeletehere you go angel, as requested:
ReplyDeletehttp://mmscrapshoppe.blogspot.com/2010/09/noreply-commentbloggercom.html
xxx
Waitrose discount you say, yeah I can see why it would be hard to give that up. Sounds like you've got a good compromise there - they obviously don't want to lose you!
ReplyDeleteI dread Mabel falling out with other kids at the park - I know I will either be unnecessarily polite or really defensive over my own child. Not sure which is worse.
Have a good weekend
Nelly xxx
Welcome to the world of crochet! Fabulous project you have going!
ReplyDelete