It's a Waitrose recipe (of course...), Salmon & Leek in a cheese sauce, boiled egg and mash on top, nothing fancy, it said to buy the sauce but I always prefer to make mine, it was yummy but just needed something else, I thought about Wholegrain mustard but feel the children wouldn't like that, any suggestions?
During a visit to Cuckoo's for Sunday lunch she introduced me to Gingerbread and after eating it and nearly doing a Meg Ryan at the dinner table, honestly..it was that good, I grabbed the recipe from her, I made it last Friday and we've just finished it, it's just gorgeous but so calorific, Darr has immediately demanded I make another and also wants me to make a toffee sauce to go over it!!! I thought he was on a diet?
So I've got over my 'crochet tantrum' and visited a local Haberdashery with little lady and purchased a lovely bundle. Homebird suggested making one huge granny square blanket and with her consent I am completely coping her, different colours but the same design. I think a round cushion cover maybe a little too difficult and I currently just need to re-build my confidence, so any other simple crochet patterns would be greatly appreciated.
Here are my new gorgeous yarns and this time I'm trying 75% Acrylic & 25% Wool, still Stylecraft, 100% cotton was a bit more than my budget would allow, however for all this it cost me £29.53 (they had a 25% discount off all Wool in January....bonus!!).
| Little Lady and Big Ted enjoying a smooch with the new wool |
Can't wait to get my hook out....yummy.
I am catching up with a good friend tonight, we're off out to our local Indian (elasticated trousers needed) and then a few drinks (but secretly I can't wait to get back and start my new blanket)
Have a great weekend everyone
Luv Bee xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ha ha ha! You are so becoming an old lady like me! I'll get you drinking a sweet little tipple before long too. Fancy wanting to rush home from a fun night out to crochet. I will warn you to NOT crochet when tiddled. You will have negative crochet and have to frog the lot!
ReplyDeleteLoving the grey, pink and cream combo. Yu-um! Roll on Thursdays catch up at Shit and Smellit (That's Shepton Mallet to those not local to Somerset!)
xxx
xxx
Last time I tried a tipple with you I was almost sick, a swift Amaretto in Salcombe you said....I DON'T DO ALMONDS!!!! but Sloe Gin on the other hand is always available in this household, can't wait til Thursday catch up xxxx
DeleteOoh love your new stash Bee! Looking forward to seeing your next creation.
ReplyDeleteI so know what you mean about that gingerbread. Gosh it's good. I can see this household going the same way.
Have a fun night out tonight!
xxx
oohhh lovely coloured wool you will enjoy using these ;-)) Have a lovely evening and enjoy your crochet. dee x
ReplyDeleteThat wool looks great- I love that feeling of wanting to drop everything and work on crochet!!!
ReplyDeleteThat pie sounds delish!
Loving the yarn, I do like Stylecraft, what a shame you found it scratchy etc. I find it quite soft, well compared to the scratchy stuff we have here anyway. Gingerbread????? Oh I am going to have to get that receipe and one day taste sloe gin, sounds interesting. It will be on the list of things to do when I come over. I found some elderberry cordial last year and liked the taste of that....sloe gin here I come.
ReplyDeletexx Sandi
Hello Everybody,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.
If you're trying to burn fat then you have to start following this totally brand new personalized keto meal plan diet.
ReplyDeleteTo create this keto diet, certified nutritionists, personal trainers, and top chefs have joined together to develop keto meal plans that are productive, suitable, money-efficient, and enjoyable.
Since their launch in early 2019, 100's of clients have already remodeled their body and well-being with the benefits a professional keto meal plan diet can offer.
Speaking of benefits; clicking this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-proven ones provided by the keto meal plan diet.