This is a huge achievement for me, I usually give up on anything like this, I get frustrated that everyone else can do it and seem to grasp it much quicker that I can, I'm always at the back of the queue, anyway, so I am chuffed to bits with this, in fact I could cry....how ridiculous is that!!! it would be tears of joy of course.
So this is a short blog too as I can't wait to get back to my Granny Square, I've fallen in love.
Luv Bee x x
WOOOOO HOOOOOO! Amazing my love! Very neat! You have a little victory cry and I'l do a happy dance for you. Get your Mum to show you how to do each round in a different colour, you'll be so addicted. Welcome to the dark side, Angel. You'll be coming along to Crochet Anonymous with me soon!!!!
ReplyDeleteClever you!!
xxx
That is AMAZING Bee!!! But oh no, you are leaving me behind!!!!! What a clever chick you are.
ReplyDeleteI met a lady yesterday who kindly said she would show me how to crochet. We went through the basics and now I am more confused than ever. Her double stitch is done differently. Instead of pushing the hook through the stitch, she kind of puts the hook under half of it and under the next bit or something and I can't grasp it AT ALL.
Annoying really but she is so lush and said we can meet again (god the poor girl!!!) as wants to help me with it.
Well done Bee. Wish me you KMMMM and Cuckoo could take off somewhere and do all things crochet. Cuckoo could really sort us out!!! And not return home til we've mastered it.
x x
x x x x x
Bless you Gem, my mum has sat with me and we crocheted the same square and did it together, she explained how to read a pattern and patiently went over and over and over it with me until I got it, that's the only way I was going to learn, Cuckoo is a very good teacher too, it would be lovely, so lovely, if we could all get together.
ReplyDeleteOff to bed now my sweetness, nite nite, love love x x x
Bee, you ought to leave you comment for Gem on her blog as she won't know it's here unless she comes back to look for it.
ReplyDeleteStill so proud of you Angel.
xxx
I taught myself to crochet last year, or should I say I attempted to teach myself. It did my head in, couldn't read a pattern, everything I crocheted ended up twisted and too tight or too loose. However I persisted because I'm pig headed, now a year later it has finally 'clicked' and I get it. I have crocheted flowers and pot holders and little cloches etc and now I am on a double bed granny stripe blanket, and loving it, I can even take my eyes off it every now and then. So keep going and you will be a hooked on hooker before you know it. Btw, your granny square is much nicer then my first one.
ReplyDeletex Sandi
oohhh you lucky girl its looking fab ;-)) I know just how you feel its the best feeling in the world being able to do something new. I still have yet to master these pesky squares but i will get back to it in the next few months. Well done and enjoy it ;-)) dee x
ReplyDeleteThe square looks great!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations
it's such a great feeling when you master something new isn't it??
Good luck
Hurray!!! You can crochet! I think the hardest parts of crocheting are firstly getting your hands and fingers to work properly (tension of the yarn etc) and secondly starting off with a foundation chain. You've got the basics so you'll be able to do any stitch now. Are you making your granny blanket all in one colour? I can't wait for my granny blanket to be finished, it will be so nice to have something practical in the house that we made ourselves, don't you think?
ReplyDeleteThe yarn I'm using for my scarf is Sublime baby cashmere merino silk. It's really beautiful to use. And yes I'll pop the recipe on my blog for those cupcakes this week. Will let you know when I've done it.
Nicki xx
hooray for you - and hopefully hooray for me too later in the week as I go for my first lesson. Well, to be fair, it's not the first, and the last one didn't go too well (think crying and huffing). Trying a friend rather than my mother...
ReplyDeletefee x
That is brilliant - absolutely perfect! I adore crochet. It's just so relaxing, and so carry-aboutable. Thanks for popping by my blog - you are so right about Waitrose, but I've noticed even they let themselves down in my local store when it comes to reducing to the price two would have been anyway. Not a good policy! But they definitely come high for the customer service bit and the layout - it always feels clean in Waitrose! xxx
ReplyDeleteArgh man am I now the only person who can't crochet. I saw a truly beautiful crocheted (worried I can't even spell crochet, I will be outcast!) childrens toy at the weekend and cursed this fact.
ReplyDeleteWell done you and nice to meet you.
I'll add your blog to my reading list,
Nelly xxx
Found your blog via Chipper Nelly well done on your crochet. I used happy hooker book by Debbie Stoller to help me to learn. Have you tried You Tube there are lots of videos there of the stitches very useful. Have become a follower so will keep an eye on your progress. TTFN.Debs x
ReplyDeletehey Bee - there's an award for you over at mine!!!
ReplyDeletenow you need to tell us some facts about YOU then pass it on to another blog you like - it's meant to be to ten more people but I only did one - and it's YOU!
Fee x